Tuesday, 3 February 2026

Reading plans | 2026

Dear reader,

In the previous blog entry, I wrote about my year in books, reflecting on 2025. I must admit, it was a good reading year, in most parts, but I believe it's time to write about goals I've got for this year, the biggest challenge being my Book Buying Ban that I keep failing miserably.

To begin with, I'd like to share that my goal for this year is to read 100 books, with a plan to make my way through books I've had on my physical TBR for years, mainly focusing on books I have had the longest. 

So far I'm on track, but I must admit... I have bought a couple of books since starting it back in October. 

On that note... Goodreads Reading Challenge 2026 is also set for 100 books. I know it seems rather optimistic, but I can achieve it, and maybe read a bit more, but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Over the last couple of years, Goodreads has been the only platform I've used to track my reading progress and books that I have read. However, starting this year, I'm testing out a new platform, The StoryGraph. It has also been recommended by one of the book club members in the most recent meetup. Which platform are you using to track your reading progress? 

Additionally, besides digital platforms, I have a reading journal that I've been trying to be consistent with and a bullet journal where I stick all the book covers of the books I've read that month. I think I need to reconsider this whole tracking system, as it feels like I've got too many of them. Did I mention that I have an Excel spreadsheet where I keep track of all the books I own, books I've bought, and new releases that I'm excited for? No? Well... now I have.

Moving on... to help myself with finishing the book buying ban a bit quicker, I will be looking into borrowing audiobooks from the local library (BorrowBox). To be completely honest, in the recent weeks I've been listening to audiobooks and reading them at the same time, which has been a fun experience for me as English is not my native language. 

~

So... to summarize goals for 2026:

  • Read 100 books / complete Goodreads Reading Challenge 2026
  • Read as many, if not all, books from the 'book buying ban' as possible. 
  • Track progress with The StoryGraph
  • Borrow books from the library (so far, I've been borrowing audiobooks and loving it) 

Alright, that's a wrap on the reading plans for 2026.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my reading goals for this year!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment