Hello reader,
How are we already in February? I mean, it feels like January had just started, and whoosh, it's already February. In a blink, we'll be halfway through the year, and those goals we set for ourselves, how far do you think we'll get? Not far, well... actually, that depends on a person.
To be honest, I'm having trouble remembering events that happened in January, but I will try my best to summarize them. Are you ready for this? I know I'm not... kidding.
> Chapter 25 Book Club
Although All I Want for Christmas by Karen Swan was a December 2025 read, this book was discussed in our January meet-up. My rating for this book on Goodreads was 5 stars. Ever since I rated it, I've been questioning my decision on it, especially after listening to what everyone else thought. The rating was not changed, but I will probably not be reading it again. I would go to Denmark; this book only increased my desire for it.
Highlight of January meet-up? Going to the cinema to see Hamnet at Odeon with the book club girls on 11th January. It was a beautiful movie. Emotions were high. Definitely would recommend. Haven't read the book for it. I don't think I will either, to be completely honest.
> Reading wrap-up
- Escape for Christmas by Phillipa Ashley. My rating: 4 stars
- All I Want for Christmas by Karen Swan. My rating: 5 stars
- Holiday Ever After by Hannah Grace. My rating: 4 stars
- First-Time Caller by B.K.Borison. My rating: 5 stars
- Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus. My rating: 4 stars
- The Odds of You by Kate Dramis. My rating: 4 stars
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. My rating: 3 stars
> Movies watched
> Other memorable mentions
- The favourite drink of the month was hot chocolate
- I hauled 9 books. One of them I actually read in January, shortly after purchase.
- Showed up to my friend's gender reveal party. Congratulations to them both!
- Starting my journey through The Rookie. Shame that Disney+ has only 4 seasons available!
Alright, I think that's all I've got for January.
I hope you enjoyed the summary of the first month of the year just as much as I enjoyed living through it. Let's see if February can bring in some more adventures so there's more to write about!
Till next time!




No comments:
Post a Comment