Sunday, 25 January 2026

Year in Books | 2025

 

Hello reader

A new year has started. A year full of opportunities to read even more books than previous year. But.. it's okay if you want to slow down and go for quality reads over quantity. 

Before we talk about reading goals for 2026, let's look back at the year that had just ended.

Here comes the summary of books I've read in 2025. 

Goodreads Reading Challenge for 2025 was to read 25 books. 
Books read: 69

~

Shortest book read was Condemned by Him written by L.M.Roberts. This book was recommended to me by a friend from work, so out of curiosity I decided to see what it's all about. It's safe to say that I did not enjoy it and ended up giving the book 2 stars on Goodreads. Definitely not continuing with the series, also not recommending it to others, but I will not stop you if you decide to check the book out. Each of us have a different taste. 

Page count: 222 pages




Longest book read was a very anticipated read for me - The Primal of Blood and Bone written by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Originally the book was due to be release in June, but due to delays, publication was delayed till end of September. And even then it was available only on Kindle, at least in England, not sure about the rest of the world. My rating for this was 4 stars on Goodreads.

Page count: 1288 pages (an absolute beast)





~

Average book length in 2025: 440 pages

~
  • There is only one book that had gotten 2 star rating, which is the lowest rated book in 2025.
  • Three books had been rated with 3 star rating.
  • Most of the books read in 2025 were given 4 star rating. 
  • And finally the highest rating of 5 stars were given to 21 books. 

During the second part of 2025 something big happened.
I joined a book club, which is something I had always wanted to do. 

Here are the books that I read for Chapter 25 Book Club

And that's a wrap!

I hope you enjoyed this mostly visual post of books that I had chosen to read through 2025.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment